Cancun Marriage License Requirements-
Planning a destination wedding to Cancun? Cancun remains a tranquil retreat where you can relax to your hearts content along the peaceful shore of the Caribbean and yet a very complete resort where you could keep busy 24 hours a day just participating in the many activities and tours available.
Identification Needed for a Cancun Marriage License:
- Original and copy of Birth Certificates annotated (Apostil) and translated by an authorized translator certified in the Spanish language.
- Valid passports
- Permission from the Secretary of the Office of Immigration
- Prenuptial clinical analyses of both parties for V.D.R.L., H.I.V., y R.H. The results are valid for 15 days.
- Name, address, age, nationality, and tourist card numbers for the four mandatory witnesses.
Additional Requirements for the Mayan Riveria
- For marriages on the Mayan Riviera, prior reservations must be made and all documents presented 4 days before the reserved date, with the application form properly completed, either typed or hand printed.
- Immigration permit assigned to Registry No. 02.
- Copy of payment of permit fees to the bank.
- Copy of legal immigration status: Tourist, FM3, FM2.
- Application and official oath of truthfulness.
Good to know....
- The Tourism Offices can often help provide specific details about wedding planning in Cancun.
Cancun Convention and Visitor Bureau,
Avenida Coba s/n Esq. Avenida Nader Sm. 5,
Cancun, Quintana Roo, 77500
Tel: (52) (998) 884 6531
Fax: (52) (998) 887 6648
- The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Cancun. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Oficina del Registro Civil
Margaritas St #31 SM 22
Tel: (52 998) 884 95 22
Although this information is deemed to be correct - we recommend you should always confirm the marriage requirements of the country you are visiting before leaving on your trip.